Warning: Function get_magic_quotes_gpc() is deprecated in /home/eventpho/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php on line 1960
Mug machines ! [Archive] - Event Photographer Society Forum

PDA

View Full Version : Mug machines !

Jeremy Nako
07-04-2009, 01:37 PM
I have a client who is insisting that I provide this at an event.

I have no issues in investing in a machine, but I have no experience of either buying or indeed ever using one.

Any recommendations / comments / advice on any aspect gratefully received !!

Mark Amies
07-04-2009, 04:09 PM
Jeremy

We do one at Photomart.

Drop me a line and Iwil let you know more.

Mark

Graham Taylor
09-04-2009, 12:29 PM
Funny this topic should crop up as i have in the past used Tesco for the few I sell during the year. But recently they have changed suppliers due to their old one (Max Spielmans) going bust. This week I had to return three due to poor quality of the image and they (Tesco)couldnt guarentee any improvemnt should the order be re-done.

As I dont need to poduce these on site I have been looking for another supplier as i dont do enough to warrent investing in the equipment so if anyone on here already has this stuff and would be willing to a few for me please get in touch.

mags smeaton
10-04-2009, 07:38 AM
Graham ...unfortunately I don't have a 'MUG MACHINE' however onthe few occassions I have printed these I have used Snapfish or Photobox (can't remember which one) and the quality has been acceptable...however not much of a margin available on price!

Graham Taylor
10-04-2009, 09:32 AM
Maggs
Thanks, I have looked at both of theses and due to cost & P&P it does price them out of my reach. I have however found a supplier who posts foc which keeps the mugs at just under £7 so trying them.

Jeremy Nako
10-04-2009, 10:51 AM
What's the goiong rate for selling mugs Graham ?

Although I havent looked into it in great detail as yet, I believe that the mugs are around £2 each bare, plus say 50p for the image.

Graham Taylor
11-04-2009, 10:24 AM
I sell them for £12.50 each but TBH I dont sell that many in a year and only at certain events. Biggest problem for me is the P&P as second class is nearly £2 now plus the packaging. I use to use Tesco who only charged me £1.50 regardless of quantity but the mugs are £6.75. If your doing them on site then I'd still be looking for about £5 profit at least to recouperate your investment plus consumables.